Create 3D Charts and Graphs in .NET applications with MS Chart Control
Install Microsoft Chart Control in Visual Studio 2008
Create Charts & Graphs in Windows Forms Application Using Access Database
- Right Click on Chart Control and Select 'Properties'.
- In the 'Properties' window, Click on 'Datasource' -> Add Project Data Source.
- This will pop up 'Database Configuration Wizard' shown below.
- After you click 'OK' on the 'Add Connection' dialogue, the wizard will prompt you to include the necessary data objects for this data source. Here I am going to use 'Coutry' and 'Revenue' columns from country_revenue table. See screenshot below for reference.
- In the 'Properties' window, click on 'Series'. You will find a collection of properties under 'Series' -> Go to 'Data Source' -> 'XValueMember -> Select 'Country'. This means that X axis is going to represent values from 'Country' Column of the table. Do the same for 'YValeMember' and select 'Revenue'.
- To provide text to be displayed on the X and Y axes of your chart, in the 'Properties' window, click on 'Chart Area'. You will find a collection of properties under 'Chart Area'. Now from here click on 'Axes' property.